FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 tax question View next topic
View previous topic
eagerbeaver

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:12 am

I've just been sounded out on a job opening in Bahrain. Excuse my ignorance, but I need to confirm that there are no income taxes in Bahrain? Also, if any Americans know about this... are taxes payable in the US on income I earn in Bahrain?

Also are they any associations that assist newcomers to the country?
santhosh

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:24 am

Not sure about US taxes, but you are right about there being no income tax in Bahrain.

As for assistance there are many expatriate clubs and associations, though you won't need much help from them as it is very easy to get used to living in Bahrain.
publisher

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:28 am

Dear sir,
There is no tax in Bahrain and the best thing is to contact the american embassy in Bahrain and they can guide and help you with things.

Enjoy your stay in Bahrain
Reggae-Angel
Just joined

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:38 pm

The following info is for those who like me are checking out this topic and would like to know more on the topic regarding US taxes and the income tax policy in Bahrain. I've provided the details below of how you may get in touch with the US Embassy in Bahrain-

visit their website located at: http://www.usembassy.gov.bh/

or ring them up on: (973)1724-2700

and you could also write them to:

Embassy of the United States of America,
Bldg 979, Road 3119, Block 331,
Zinj, Kingdom of Bahrain.

Hope that helped
walkindude

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:04 pm

No taxes in bahrain, No taxes to be paid in the US either, as long as you dont own any assets in the US . Or the income from Bahrain was used to purchase any assets in the US.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum